A Medical Home is not a place, but an approach to providing care for children, youth and adults.
The Medical Home enables partnerships between individual patients and their personal primary
care providers and when appropriate, the patient’s family.
In a Medical Home, the practice is organized around the patient – communication is based on
trust, respect and shared decision-making. Patients have access to personalized, coordinated
and comprehensive primary care when they need it, and when it’s convenient for them.
The Principles of a Patient Centered Medical Home include:
Every patient has a primary care provider
- Care is enhanced when patients see their primary care provider for the
majority of their visits
Care is provided by a provider-directed team
- Team members extend the reach of the provider to enable the practice to
follow the needs of the patient beyond the clinic walls
Providers and staff understand each patient as a “whole person”
- The more we know about you, the better we are able to help you manage
- Patients are encouraged to engage in their own healthcare by actively
participating in decision-making, understanding their “self management” role,
and providing feedback
Care is coordinated across all parts of the healthcare system
- We help the patient receive the right care, in the right place, at the right time
Quality and safety are hallmarks to providing high quality patient centered care
- We participate in continuous quality improvement activities, and regularly
measure our performance against national standards
- Information technology is used to support our delivery of your healthcare
Access to care and communications are enhanced
- Each patient has the ability to communicate with us online through our
“Patient Portal”. Here patients can conveniently email their provider and staff,
and receive timely responses to non-urgent concerns
- Each site has same day appointments available, for convenient and timely scheduling
Please be sure to ask us about our Patient Centered Medical Home! We’ll be happy to answer
your questions and hear your feedback.